Vote No on William Barr for Attorney General and Andrew Wheeler for EPA
Senator Dianne Feinstein
SF Office: (415) 393-0707
DC Office: (202) 224-3841
LA Office: (310) 914-7300
Fresno Office: (559) 485-7430
San Diego Office: (619) 231-9712
If you can't get through to one office, try another. There is no benefit to calling one office over another. Leaving a voicemail is as good as reaching a live person.
Senator Kamala Harris
SF Office: (415) 981-9369
DC Office: (202) 224-3553
Sacramento Office: (916) 448-2787
LA Office: (213) 894-5000
San Diego Office: (619) 239-3884
Call the SF office first, but try the other offices if you can’t get through. If you can’t get a live person, leave a voicemail and also send a follow-up email written in your own words.
My name is __________. I am a constituent, and my zip code is _______. I am a member of Indivisible SF.
[For Senator Harris]: I want to thank Senator Harris for publicly opposing the nominations of William Barr for Attorney General and Andrew Wheeler for EPA Director. Neither of these men is fit to serve.
[For Senator Feinstein]: While Senator Feinstein has expressed concerns about the nominations of both William Barr for Attorney General and Andrew Wheeler for EPA Director, she has yet to publicly commit to opposing their nominations, as Senator Harris has done. Neither of these men is fit to serve, and Senator Feinstein must oppose their nominations.
Senator Harris has publicly committed to voting against the nominations of coal industry lobbyist Andrew Wheeler for EPA director and Trump lackey, William Barr, for Attorney General, but Senator Feinstein has yet to do so. Please thank Senator Harris for her public opposition to both these nefarious nominees and insist that Senator Feinstein do the same.
Andrew Wheeler is a former coal industry lobbyist who has been described by environmental experts as being even worse than Scott Pruitt. He is not fit to serve as EPA Director, and if confirmed, he will continue to dismantle the agency and let polluters off the hook.
Several circumstances, old and new, disqualify William Barr from being fairly serving as Attorney General.
1. During his confirmation hearings, he has steadfastly refused to recuse himself from the Mueller investigation.
2. “He believes that Trump cannot be questioned for firing [FBI Director James] Comey in a criminal obstruction probe, because presidents always have the discretion to fire an FBI director.” – People for the American Way
3. In addition to his staunch support of Executive Privilege, Barr was instrumental in advising George H. W. Bush on his pardon of all six former Reagan administration officials, who had been implicated in the Iran Contra scandal, at just about the time that Bush himself was also about to be implicated.
4. In direct violation of the First Amendment’s guarantee of freedom of and from religion, he has called for constitutional U.S. law to be replaced with “God’s law.”
5. He supports tough sentencing (i.e. mass incarceration) for minor drug offenders and opposes sentencing reform.
6. He recently praised former Attorney General Jeff Sessions as “an outstanding attorney general.” Read an excellent summary of his disturbing positions on immigrant rights, justice reform, LGBTQ rights, reproductive freedom, and more, in this article.
Sources and Further Information: